In the Community
At Tierra Sol we're not just committed to our tiles and our customers. We're also actively involved in the communities that have helped to support us over the years. Here are some of the organizations that we have proudly stood behind.
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation: In October 2010, the Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton branches raised over $5000 for the CBCF through bake sales, silent auctions and Bras for a Cause.
- Forzani Group Foundation: Tierra Sol has put together a team for the Sport Chek Mother's Day Run and Walk cause for the past 12 years.
- Interior Designers Institute of BC Garage Sale: Yearly donations are given to this cause which proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity.
- The Hospital Activity Book for Children: Tierra Sol Calgary has sponsored ads in this free book given to children and families in local hospitals
- Other causes:
- Tierra Sol has donated tile to the Children's Home Lottery.
- The Calgary branch received a Certificate of Appreciation from the Calgary and Canada Chief of Police for involvement in the Police Officer yearbook.
- We have made donations to the following associations: Children's Wish Foundation, Feed the Hungry, Gizeh Shriners, South Delta Baptist Church, and the Calgary Police Association.